Thursday, September 27, 2007

More Living Room Pictures - Secretary










Here is a close up picture of the secretary cabinet in my living room that I inherited from my Grandmother Margaret. It is really junky and full, just how I like it. The beauty of glass front cabinets is that you can fill them to the brim and pile up your collections , but then just close the door so it doesn't junk up your house too much and you still get to see all your cool treasures! I call this controlled clutter!


This cabinet is full of vintage baby items. I just love baby things, especially old things, so I finally just grouped them all together in this cabinet. I have a lot of the old hard plastic from the 50s, which has become really collectible and I love it. I have a few pieces of celluloid too, which are very collectible as well. The brass shoes are actually the shoes all four of my sons wore as babies and I sent them through the mail to be brassed; it is so hard to believe that my sweet boys were all that tiny! They mean so much to me and now are a true heirloom, although there is only one pair, so they will have to draw straws on who gets them!


Over the next few days I will show more close up pictures of my shelves in the living room so you can see more of my pack-rat-iness!

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him." I Corinthians 2:9

~ Sharon

10 comments:

Candy said...

Hi :)
I just found your blog from a comment you left on Julie Ann's blog.
I LOVE your blog!! Already one my top favorites!
Im going to add you to my bloglines to read you everyday. I dont always comment everyday but I try to at least regularly.
I love all your pictures. The one with your nails...so pretty!
And your living room, and your home...very pretty, I LOVE it!
Love the red and white on the sides of your blog too...very pretty. As well as your roses header..I like that too :)
Im really likin your blog, can ya tell ;) haha
Nice to "meet" you.

Candy (from Canada)

Sharon said...

Wow Candy from Canada! Thank you so much for your kind words and encouragment! I tried to click on your blog and it wouldn't let me it said it was private and that you might want to enable your comment moderation or something like that. I can't take credit for my background and format, I told my son, Mackenzie, what I had in mind and he did it all for me! I just started in August and it has been such a joy to do! Thank you for stopping by!

Have a beautiful day! Sharon

Candy said...

Hi :)
Thats strange. It shouldnt be private. Maybe try again later because thats really odd. Maybe blogger is down or something. Hmm.
Well, try again when you have a minute and I sure hope it works and nobody is having trouble visiting my blog today :/
Guess we'll see :)

Candy :)

Sharon said...

Candy,

I tried again and this is what it said:

"Profile Not Available.
The Blogger Profile you requested cannot be displayed. Many Blogger users have not yet elected to publicly share their Profile.
If you're a Blogger user, we encourage you to enable access to your Profile."

I wonder what is going on. I never have trouble with getting on other people's blogs, maybe something is wrong with the system. I will keep trying throughout the day!

Sondra said...

I love all your baby stuff! What a neat way to display all of them. I have so much little stuff too, and I have recently been starting to find ways to display them. No sense in having all of your precious things packed up in a box, right?

Brenda said...

Thanks for coming by my place.I love your page. I will be back often.

Mimi said...

I love your clutter (as you call it)
I'll bet when you are dusting.. you take each piece and remember when you got it. and relive the memories over and over... I am a collector of sorts also...
what kind is the typewriter... I just gave my daughter one I had like that one...(I had bought it second hand way back when I was first starting high school many moons ago!!! it was a smith corona....looks a lot like it...

Candy said...

HI again, thought Id check back here to see if you were able to come by my site. WHenever you are able, leave a comment there so then I know it was no problem. :) please & Thanks :)
I dont know, maybe blogger is down. Ive never had anyone that couldnt visit my blog.
You can try to type in my blog address on your internet homepage.
Its:
www.athomewithcandy.blogspot.com

I have heard of one friend that couldnt visit another friends blog for a couple days. It was really strange.

Oh, I hope you can come by some day. Not that my blog is any big deal, at all LOL just that itd be nice to have ya visit :)

Candy :)

Sharon said...

Mimi asked what brand is the old typewriter. It says on the front L.C. Smith & Bros #3 typewriter. I have no idea how old it is, but guess it is from the 30s or 40s. My dad cleaned it all up and it actually worked, but it got messed up by my little nephew. I could not imagine how those poor secretaries from that time period could even type one word let alone pages of reports! We really have it nice with our fancy keyboards!

:0) Sharon

Rosemary said...

As you can see, i'm reading your old posts. I love love love the vintage baby items! I collect stuff like that too, and i also have that baby dish with the little girl on it :) I started collecting vintage baby dishes when i saw in a mary engelbriet magazine, a baby shower done up in vintage treasures like that!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...