Monday, September 10, 2007

Monday







Monday's are traditionally the worst day of the week for most people, but I actually really like Mondays. Something about the fresh start of a new week and getting back to business after a playful weekend.
~
Today I didn't get up as early as I wanted to, so I started my week off of my schedule :0(. Oh well! I did get a pork roast with BBQ sauce in the crock pot for dinner before I left for work. I didn't exercise this morning, so I rode my bike after work. I did, however, do my Bible study this morning and that was good. I left with a clean house, so it was pretty nice when I came home tonight. The best thing was smelling that pork roast in BBQ sauce when I walked in the door! Oh my goodness, I wish we had smell-a-blog so you could smell it! I shredded the roast and made BBQ pork sandwiches for dinner along with a green salad and baked beans. Yummy! It was a hit with the family!

I have to work again tomorrow and, again, I will try to get up early. I hope I will do it! My goal every day is to get up at 5:00 (ultimately 4:30) with my husband to see him off to work and have a nice quiet morning to do my Bible study, plan my day and get my walk in before I hit the shower, but I have been really bad lately and am getting up about 5:45. Maybe with the kids back in school I can get on a better schedule. Throughout the summer I often stayed up way too late with them watching movies or shows. Now we are all trying to get to bed by 10:00.

Sometimes it is really hard for me to balance work and home and I couldn't do it with out the Lord. He gives me strength. It is hard to be pulled in so many directions, but I ask Him to help me prioritize and to give me direction and wisdom and I feel like He definately sustains me!

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as if working for the Lord, not for men." Colossians 3:23


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...