Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Monday Memories - except it is Wednesday!


Revee at Country Roads has a cute weekly post called Monday Memories, you should go check it out and then participate!

I have a short and funny memory. I remember visiting my great grandmother on my mother's side, her name was Gramma Bessie. I was probably around 7 years old and Gramma Bessie was probably in her 90s. I noticed that her hands were really different than mine or my mother's, they had big blue veins running through them and they were very wrinkled and had brown spots. I remember thinking they looked really neat and I actually thought they were pretty! I was so young and innocent that I did not attribute that to age or in anyway think they were ugly.

Well, I decided to ask why her hands were different so I simply said "Gramma, how come your hands have blue lines on them?" My mother seemed mortified and quickly hushed me up. I don't remember what Gramma said, but it was probably something sweet like it's because she worked hard for many years. Anyway, I still love old people's hands and admire them!


"She seeketh wool and flax, And worketh willingly with her hands." Proverbs 31:13

~ Sharon

1 comment:

HumbleHomemaker said...

Hi Sharon. I remember Grandma's hands too. I too see the value of old hands. It shows how hard they worked all their lives, especially when they are very wrinkled and show lots of veins.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...