Thursday, September 20, 2007

I love being a girl!

I painted my nails yesterday and tried something new! I have never used decals before so I thought I would try. Aren't they cute??!! They were so easy to use, just peel and stick and put a top coat on. The only thing is they bug me a little bit because they have a raised diamond and it feels like something is stuck on my nail.
Since I was a tiny little girl I have always loved girly things such as purses, jewelry, perfume, clothes, shoes, fingernails, lace, anything sparkly, etc. but I am so thankful that my mother taught me that it is more important to have inner beauty with God at the center. At different times in my life I have heard different opinions on outward adornment, some women feel it is ungodly. I have pondered this and looked up scripture on it and decided that for me it is okay as long as I am modest and humble and have the right heart. Especially when I realize that I have been like this since I was a tiny little innocent thing and God made me this way. I also think it is wise because my husband really enjoys it too and it makes him happy to see me take care of myself and try to look my best.

I have so many good memories of watching my beautiful mother get dressed up and take care of every little detail ending with several squirts of her favorite perfume, Interlude. I wanted to be just like her. I also really love, love, love seeing a 90 year old woman who still wears lipstick, puts on earrings and other jewelry and has a pretty outfit on with matching shoes! To me it just shows me that she values herself and takes care of herself and she has not given up or given in to old age. She has places to go and people to see! These cute old ladies are actually role models for me!

I love this verse.......


"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight." 1 Peter 3:3,4


~Sharon

3 comments:

Julieann said...

Hi Sharon--I read your comment on my blog:) First and foremost---make a test blog--take it from me--last year I was trying all sorts of things on my real blog, and totally messed it up---

Then I went to this blog --http://tips-for-new-bloggers.blogspot.com/

and followed his directions for the three columns ---I had to study my HTML template pretty closely to figure it out---

I did the three columns on my test blog----and when I have a lot of time to play with it--I will eventually do it to my real blog--I just have to find the time when the baby is sleeping and I won't be interupted----I totally have to concentrate--it gets so frusterating sometimes, but after awhile I figured it out--as I am sure you will too--just look at the blog I posted for you

As for blinkies--if you google Blinkies---all sorts of fun websites come up for blinkies that you can use--the one with my name, Candy made it for me--

To get more readers---what I did is I would find blogs that I really, really liked and I would read them for awhile---and then I would leave a comment telling them how much I appreciate there blog--or something nice that relates to there post---and then sometimes people would find me through my comments. I only go to blogs that are likeminded like me---I found you because you commented on Kelli's blog--and I really loved what I read on your blog---so just comment on every blog you enjoy and soon people will be coming to visit and after a while you will have a lot of readers--I average about 150 a day---I can't believe that...LOL. It is so much fun, and I have made so many nice friends:)

If I can help anymore just let me know:)) I enjoy blogging too!

Julieann

yellowfarmhouse said...

Sharon what a sweet post this is. Love your nails. I used to have acrylic nails and finally had to take them off. I miss them, but not the time it took every 2 weeks to have them filled.

Hugs - Karen

Hootin'Anni said...

Yes indeedy! You're going up on my favorite list on my sidebar. WARNING: You'll see more of me that you probably thought possible. ---just kidding.

I have two grandsons and two grown children that left the nest [like you're going through now] many many moons ago. And tho it's heartbreaking, I still have to say, 'we did good raising them'...and be thankful that they're strong adults and can live without us.

Beautiful home, and I can't wait to see more of the wonderful stuff you make with your thrift finds!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...