Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Hayden's Band Performance



Monday night I went to the middle school open house for Hayden (Eric was fishing at the coast and didn't make it home in time). They had a BBQ dinner and then had a casual band and choir performance. Hayden plays the drums and he did a great job, I was so proud of him! He is the curly blond boy with the orange and white striped shirt in the pictures. I am excited that he is showing interest in the drums, like his older brother Mackenzie and his Dad. I don't play an instrument, but wish that I did, I guess it is never too late, maybe one day I will decide to take lessons in piano! Hayden has not had any formal training, just what he has learned from the band class and what Eric and Mackenzie have taught him. He also has an electronic set in his room which he practices on all the time, and when we do the big room switch for him (he is moving upstairs and going into Mackenzie's old room) he will inherit the family drum set, so he can play all the time.

"My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music." Psalm 57:7

~ Sharon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...