Friday, September 14, 2007

Girls Night!





Last night was girls night with my bestest friend in the whole world, Shannon, whom I like to call Shan, and her daughter Shelby and our sweet friend Desi. We met at a darling little restaurant for dinner and then went to see Hairspray, which was a fun movie.

Shan has been my friend since high school! We ended up working at the same place for over ten years, bought houses at the same time just a couple of miles apart, had babies roughly the same time and are going through empty nest at the same time! Our families enjoy spending time together and over the years we have camped together, gone to dinner and parties and traditionally spend New Year's Eve together at a resort somewhere. We share interests in things of the Lord, mothering, being good wives, decorating, thrift shopping, clothes, etc.. you name it and we seem to have it in common. We even were officers in the PTA together! One of the biggest things we have in common is our sense of humor! We crack up all the time and laugh so hard. I just love being with her! She has been one of those friends that has given me such great advice and such great ideas over the years. I attribute some of my best mothering ideas to Shannon. I quote her all the time.

I enclosed a picture of the wonderful birthday gift she gave me! A beautiful collection of girly girl things, yummy smelling bath products by Healing Waters in Vanilla Latte scent, shower gel, body scrub, body butter, a candle and bath crystals. I will definitely use these and enjoy them!

I am truly blessed to have Shannon for my BFF and thank God for her so much!

"A mirror reflects a man's face, but what he is really like is shown by the kind of friends he chooses. " (loose translation of Proverbs 27:19)

~Sharon

2 comments:

Tracy said...

How wonderful to be blessed with a good friend!

Kelly said...

Aww, Sharon! How special! I echo those feelings exactly about my best friend Alia. :) God certainly had purposed you two as Christian sisters, and how neat that he constructed your paths so that you ended up close together in location and with similar family situations! Gorgeous gift, also! Mmm...vanilla! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...