Saturday, September 29, 2007

Do you ever wake up to this????





This morning when I got up this is what my kitchen looked like! Yes, I did sleep in, so all of the men-folk already had their breakfast and this is what was left! I don't understand what it is with men that they can't seem to put anything away or even shut a cabinet door! Oh well, I am so happy they are all here and healthy and it cleaned up pretty quickly. Actually, after I made a bit of a fuss, they cleaned up their portion of the mess. Cameron spent the night with us last night because he got up early with Eric and they went hunting (they did not get anything though) and he hung out at our house all day long. It was fun. Later I looked up and there was Mackenzie! He still works in our little town, so he stopped by after work. I have not seen him in a week, so it was really good to see him. I think if the older boys stop by and I can see them at least once if not twice a week, I can do this empty nest thing!

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love Him." I Corinthians 2:9

~ Sharon

6 comments:

Sondra said...

Oh, that is SO funny! I am usually in bed early before all the guys, so when I wake up I find a whole lot of suprises sometimes.
The one that makes me the maddest is that I wake up and all the lights are on in the house and everyone is sleeping. That means they have been on all night! Drives me crazy!

Mimi said...

If men had their way...everything would just be left on the kitchen counter... and nothing would be put up in the cabinet...Because we're just going to use it again anyway, so why put it up in the cabinet just to have to get it down again!!
does that sound familiar!!:-) LOL
but then if they were neat freaks what would we have to do.. right?

Candy said...

Can I live at your house? I just love it :)

Candy

Joyfull said...

That is so funny, with four boys in my home, I can totally relate! At our home we are working on a no brainer (I thought), in the morning I wash the dishes and every day it seems, after I have finished everything, dishwater sitting there pretty and inviting, and they will leave their dirty breakfast dish right beside the sink of dishwater!
I love your attitude though, boys are boys and mess and all they are loads of fun!

Jessica said...

LOL! Yep I can say that we often see this. My sister is quite the cook... but she is going to need a maid when she gets married! LOL!

I love how the border in your living room goes around the rafters. That is beautiful!!

Jan Parrish said...

What a good attitude. I am afraid I would be asking forgiveness a short time later if I woke up to that kind of mess in the kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...