Saturday, September 1, 2007

Caution! Woman With Mood Swings Approaching!


Oh my goodness! What am I going to do with myself? The other day I was having a perfectly good day and I started working on my blog with one of my sons. Things were not working quite so well with the computer and we had a small argument. He said something to me that for some reason just hit me wrong and I started tearing up. I went to my bedroom and started bawling! I started thinking of every area in my life that I feel like a failure! I was thinking to myself that I failed in everything I do from being a bad daughter, to being a terrible wife and mother, to being a terrible sister and friend, to being a terrible worker, etc. and I started crying more.

I eventually slowed down and composed myself and had a nice talk with my son. What he said was not that big of a deal and he meant nothing by it, I was just hypersensitive and had a little meltdown. He apologized and I apologized and I recovered and moved on. But I think, that was not me! That IS not me! Where did that come from? Five years ago I would not have done that. I think this mid-life thing is just a little too weird sometimes! I also think that the enemy loves to take advantage of us women when we are vulnerable and we need to cling to the Lord. What is so awful is when you are in a moment like that how you can have all these negatave thoughts about yourself that are not true!

This is a time when I really need to be reading God's word and asking Him for His guidance and wisdom. I want to bear the fruits of the spirit and I want those around me to see the fruits of the spirit in me, especially joy.

Psalm 55:22 God says,"Cast your burden upon the Lord and He will sustain you; He will never allow the righteous to be shaken".

I want to remember that He is with me as I am going through these life changes. I really want to lean on Him and trust Him. He made me, He knows me and He sustain me.

A little side note, this incident ended up being a teachable moment for my son and it made us closer. See, God works all things together for good to those that love Him.

Love, Sharon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...