Sunday, September 2, 2007

Back to School Decorations






Yesterday I decorated my window sill and my front porch with back to school things. I think it is so much fun to do seasonal decorating. I store all my decorations in boxes in my walk in attic closet. I used to say I did all this decorating for the kids, but now that they are grown I guess I need to admit I do it for myself! Over the years I have found cute little things to use like the antique paint set and the cute little bird with glasses on. I absolutely love fall and all the decorating that goes with it! The only thing I don't like about fall is that summer is over and my kids are going back to school and I miss them being home all the time. It also represents that they are a year older and growing up way too fast. Our carefree days of summer are over and that is kind of sad, but in reality, I am ready to get back on a tighter schedule. We have been playing a lot this summer.

The plaque on our door was there when we bought this house and we loved it so we kept it there, it is Joshua 24:15 "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord". Perfect!

3 comments:

Julieann said...

I can totatlly relate--before I had children I still decorated, and I know I will when they are on there own...

Your decorations are so darling---I love them! Your wreath is gorgeaous.

Julieann

Sharon said...

Thank you Julieann! I found the wreath at a thrift store for only 1.99!

Kelli said...

I just love your back to school decorations, Sharon!!!

Kelli

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...