Friday, September 21, 2007

Answer To Prayer


Today I am so very thankful and so very grateful to the Lord. I mentioned in a post back in August that two of us in our family had been to the doctor and had test results that needed further work up. One was for Grayson and we found out he was fine just a few days later - praise God! The other one was for me and without going into too many details, I had to go to a hematologist at a cancer center for further work-up. This was a little unsettling to go through, but we gave it to God in prayer. I really did have a sense of peace about it, my gut instinct was that I was okay, but at the same time, I knew in my heart that if I wasn't, that God would be there with me lifting me up.

When I walked in I began to get so nervous. I felt like I didn't belong there. The atmosphere was very somber. My heart goes out to anyone who has to go through this. As soon as I arrived into the waiting area, I made eye contact and said hello to a woman who looked very familiar. It turned out she lives down the street and I have gone to her yard sales and see her taking her daily walks. I don't really know her, I have just seen her a few times and wave to her.

She started telling me why she was there........breast cancer. I had no idea she had been going through that. We started chatting and she lives alone, but she does have grown children in a nearby town. She found out she had cancer a year ago and had a partial mastectomy. She is doing pretty well right now, but not completely out of the woods. By the time we were finished talking she had invited me to come and visit her anytime, which I definitely will.

It is kind of interesting that I went through everything I went through to find out my tests are all normal (I thank God), and end up meeting a neighbor in need at my appointment! Could this be a coincidence or an accidental meeting, or could it be something deeper like perhaps something with a divine purpose, perhaps an assignment for me from God to encourage and uplift my neighbor? I chose to believe this was not an accidental meeting, that God designed this meeting, and I am going to go visit her and try to encourage her and minister to her. The beauty of it is that the way that our Father in Heaven works, I will end up being the one who will get encouraged. For those who are believers out there, could I ask you to say a quick prayer for my neighbor? I don't even know her name, but God knows.

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze." Isaiah 43:2

"Is any one of you in trouble? He should pray. Is anyone happy? Let him sing songs of praise. Is any one of you sick? he should call the elders of the church to pray over him and anoint him with the oil in the name of the Lord." James 5:13


~ Sharon

7 comments:

inspired said...

it's a God incident i think ;]

Mica Garbarino said...

I certainly don't think that was an accident. God works in the most mysterious was. I am sure your neighbor has a relief now that you can be there in friendship and prayer. Praise God.

Mica

nannykim said...

That was definitely providential (and yup I can't spellllllllll!). God is so great--I love it when He does these things--one guy called it a God-wink; It is like a father winking at his child to let them know he loves them and you are special. What a great God--above all and yet intimate with his children!! Praise Him

Sondra said...

I said a prayer of thanks for you and a prayer for strength for your neighbor.
What a great open door for you to be a blessing to someone.

Ginger said...

I wish I had neighbors like you.
More Godly than worldly.
Your neighbor is lucky to have you, maybe thats why the Lord didn't want you to move yet.

Linda said...

Wow, this was very meaningful.

Kelly said...

Oh Sharon,

I found myself getting very emotional over your post, and my heart pours out prayers for God's blessings, provisions and strength for your neighbor. Praise Him for good results for you and yours - and I exult Jesus even further for bringing you into contact with a new friend, a fellow Sister who needs you. There are people who would see such despair and melancholy in the situation, but through our Lord we see His power and His love. How great is our God!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...