Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Another Fledgling Leaves the Nest

My first born, Mackenzie, moved out today. Can you believe it........just three days after his brother........what are they trying to do to me???

Oh, I'll be okay, it is just the way it worked out. Mackenzie is moving out with his good friend Colin. He wants to be closer to the university where he is attending. We are going to miss him so very much, but we feel really good about where he is in life and are so proud of him. 
I have always tried to be really fair with my boys, so I purchased the same goodie basket (bucket) for Kenzie as I did for Cam, it's full of items that will remind him of home and gave him a really nice card. 

Eric and I took the same type of pictures, prayed with him and off he drove to start this new chapter of his life.

Eric and I took the same type of pictures, prayed with him and off he drove to start this new chapter of his life. I am so proud of myself (and thankful to God) that I didn't cry! I haven't cried or gotten sad at all yet with both boys leaving. I really hope this is how it is going to be, that I am just happy and at peace with this transition.

“There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace.” Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

~ Sharon

1 comment:

Sue @ praise & coffee said...

Oh how hard to watch them go! Your attitude seems wonderful- I'm sure the boys appreciate that!

Blessings,
Sue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...