Sunday, August 26, 2007

Quiet Sunday


Today we went to church and listened to a wonderful sermon. Our pastor talked about suffering and how we all go through seasons of suffering and how we need to lean on the Lord during these times; that He is always with us during these times. One of the scriptures pastor gave us today was I Corinthians 1:3-5 which says,

"All praise to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. He is the source of every mercy and the God who comforts us. He comforts us in all our troubles so that we can comfort others. When others are troubled, we will be able to give them the same comfort God has given us. You can be sure that the more we suffer for Christ, the more God will shower us with His comfort through Christ."

I really love this passage. It is neat that it is talking about how God comforts us and that in itself comforts me! I also like that it says that He is the source of EVERY mercy. Our God is a good God who loves us, comforts us and shows mercy upon us.

I am so thankful that we have such a wonderful church and pastor. Every week we learn so much about the Lord and are challenged to do our best to be Christ like. It seems I fail so much, but God is so faithful, loving and forgiving and stays with me through all my shortcomings.

After church we went out to breakfast with some friends from church. Later in the afternoon Eric golfed with a couple of his buddies and I stayed home and did some organizing. Kenzie went to his church and then over to be with Brittany who just had her wisdom teeth pulled. Grayson worked in the morning from 6:30 to 1:30 (he missed church) and then went to the city pool with some friends from church. I had a fun afternoon home alone catching up on things around the house. Eric ordered pizza when he got home, so I didn't have to cook, which was so sweet of him. Cameron called and was at the San Francisco airport. He is flying home tonight at about midnight. I will be glad to see him again. He said he had a great trip. I miss Hayden, but will see him on Tuesday!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...