Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Our 25th Wedding Anniversary



Eric and I recently celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary! People say we should go on a cruise or to Hawaii, but we had such a busy summer, we never planned anything and we decided to just go out for a nice dinner and are planning a small get-away trip one of these weekends. It was fun and I wore a fancy dress. He bought be a beautiful bouquet of flowers and gave me a pretty card. I gave him a card and bought him a chocolate cheese cake. I pulled out our wedding album and we looked through it. The kids had fun looking at the pictures too. We will try to do a big trip on our 30th anniversary.

We met when I was 16 and he was 17 in high school and we got married 4 years later. We have always tried to keep God as the center of our relationship and our home. We have been so blessed in so many ways with our four sons and just a really fun, adventurous life.

It has not always been all a bed of roses, we have had times of not having a lot of money, stress from jobs and situations with our children, but God has given us wisdom and guidance to work through our troubles. I have learned so much on how to be a better wife and still learn every day. The best thing I ever learned was from a tape series by Shirley Price called God's Role for Wife and Mother. They were recorded in the mid 70's but so appropriate for our times now because it is based on God's word which is timeless and is truth. Sometime I will write a more in depth Blog about Shirley Price. The biggest lesson I learned was to do things God's way and a lot of times that meant I needed to work on me and the things God wanted me to work on, instead of my trying to change Eric.

I would say that to have a successful marriage you need God to be the center and have a sense of commitment and a sense of humor and of course love! I love my husband!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...