Thursday, August 30, 2007

Meet Cameron



I realized that I had not put any pictures of my second son, Cameron, on this Blog. He is such a wonderful son. I love him dearly. He is 21 and goes to a local Bible college and would like to do some kind of mission work. This summer he has been a co-leader of a college outreach called FLIGHT (Forever Living In God's Hands Together), which his good friend Amy founded. They meet once a week for a study time and to have fun together. It has grown a lot and is really rewarding for him. For the past two years he has been a middle school youth leader at his church.
-
Right now Cam is working for a utility board as a maintenance/construction guy. He is a very busy guy, we do not see him very much any more, which is sad for a mama, but it is part of life and part of God's plan. He has a great group of friends, whom we love dearly. Cameron and his friend Keith are moving into an apartment to be near his campus in just two weeks! I am sure I will be blogging big time about empty nest syndrome as Mackenzie is moving out roughly the same week! I helped Cameron get furniture for his new digs, we found a table and chairs, a coffee table, two end tables and a box full of kitchen wares for only $25.00 at a garage sale! He painted them black and purchased a faux brown leather fabric to put on the chairs, they look great! He has a great sense of humor and I am going to miss him dearly, but we are so proud of him and so thankful that he has grown to be such a wonderful man of God.
-
I am so thankful to both Cameron and Mackenzie for being such great older brothers to our younger boys and such great role models. We have had our fair share of problems with our teenage sons, but God has been with us through everything and has shown His grace upon us. I have spent many hours in prayer over my kids, mostly asking for guidance and direction and asking for Godly wisdom with our parenting. In His word He says if we ask for wisdom He will give it to us and I believe that God did give us wisdom. I feel like one of the biggest training tools is teaching them to ask for Godly wisdom and to pray for discernment.
I am so thankful for Cameron and love him so much!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...