Saturday, August 25, 2007

Garage Sale Goodies


I was planning on doing some projects around my house today, but all of that came to a screeching halt when Grayson said "do you want to do something today Mom?". I LOVE it when this happens and I realize that these moments are so precious as they get older and get so busy with their own lives, so I really try to take advantage of spending special time with them. There might not be another opportunity for us to go hang out on a summer afternoon. He is 16 and just a wonderful kid, he has been doing daily doubles with football practice and I have hardly seen him all week.

He had to work today at 3:00 so we decided to go to some garage sales and have lunch together. I love doing funny things like this with my kids because we end up having great conversations when we are out and about. We had a fun time. Unfortunately, Gray did not find any treasures, but I did! Here are some of my goodies. I found a milk glass hobnail pitcher for $2.00, a cute burgundy and cream creamer for $1.50, some cute little ceramic farm animals for .25 cents each that I will use in my vignettes, an old Disney movie "So Dear to My Heart" for $2.00, a fun blue plastic puzzle that I thought Hayden would enjoy for .50 cents, A sugar Creek Gang book for free, really cute salad tongs for $1.00, and a cute candle with a squirrel on it that I will use for my fall decorating for .50 cents. It is so fun to go to garage sales, it is a summer tradition with our family!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...