Saturday, August 25, 2007

Empty Nest



Wow, Eric and I have been all by ourselves a lot lately. Last night all our kids were gone so we rode our bikes down to our local Mexican restaurant for dinner and drinks and had a wonderful evening. Tonight we barbecued hamburgers and onions and we had corn on the cob. I only made three hamburger patties, two BBQ onions and six ears of corn instead of 12 patties, 6 onions and 12 corn. It is a little weird for me to cook for two again.

This time is also fun and exciting because it reminds me of when we were newlyweds. I get waves of sadness when I am out and about running errands all by myself because my kids have all grown older and are busy with their lives. For so many years my identity was, Sharon - mother of four, of course there was much more, but I found my role as wife and mother very satisfying and rewarding. I feel that I am treading in uncharted waters and I definitely need the Lord to be my guide!

Now I am filling my life not only with my husband and family, but with my career, friends, decorating and finding new things that I am interested in, like blogging for example! I am really trying to focus on what God has for me in the next phase of my life. There are lots of things to look forward to and I want to concentrate on those things. Also, it is pretty fun to be more carefree when it is just Eric and I.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...